tirsdag 1. januar 2013

New year- new possibilities

As is often the case when we reach the beginning of a new year, hopes and aspirations for the new yearstart to form. I have some goals, and a few wishes for the new year. I was planning on focusing on some of my goals here.


Get in shape

This year for Christmas my husband gave me Randonee skies for alpine touring. In order for this to be fun it is vital that you are pretty fit. After all, it is climbing up steep slopes on skies. 

In addition it is also a vanity question. I want to be smaller than I am now and get back in my clothes and look good in them. 

My plan for reaching these two related goals is by training at a place called Barry's boot camp. The training method consist of condition training (i.e. running on a treadmill) and endurance free weight strength training (many repetitions). I find that it is a training style perfect for getting in shape. 

Food wise I am not going to make any big alterations. Before Christmas I managed to kick my bad habit of eating candy at work. Instead I've eaten a small piece of chocolate with my afternoon cup of coffee. I have found that this helps with my sweet tooth without involving too many calories. If I manage to continue with this after the food binge which we call Christmas, I believe it will be sufficient. Otherwise I hope that a ordinary, healthy diet will be enough for both weight loss and getting back in shape. 


No clothes shopping

I have a lot of clothes, more than I have room for really. There are several reason for this. For starters I have several items of clothes that are over 10 years old which I still use. In other words, I don't often throw out clothes, only when they are truly worn out. But I still buy new ones. Thus I have ever increasing problems finding room for the items. 

This is only part of the reason why I have a goal of buying no new clothes in 2013. It is also an economical issue. I would like to save some money as I am planning on getting my drivers license this spring and it's expensive. Furthermore, I would like to spend some of the money I would otherwise use on bought clothes on self made clothes instead. See the next goal for more details. 

Thirdly, it is about being able to show some self restraint. I would like to see if I can manage to do no clothes shopping.

Self-made clothes


I would like to start sowing again. Ever since my sowing machine lost its spot on my desk I have not done much sowing, mending or redesigning. I miss it. Furthermore I would like to expand my skills. I have never used a pattern for instance, and that is something I very much would like to fix in 2013

I have several patterns and plans to choose among. I'll make a seperate post over the different patterns I would like to attempt. We'll see how many will be made in 2013. As always, best to start with one and see how it goes. After all, fabric isn't exactly cheap. So I believe this will be more expensive than buying cheap clothes at H&M and the like. 


These are my main goals for the upcoming year. I have other hopes and aspirations, but many of those I have no control and therefore I will not list them. The other ones are too boring to list, such as getting better at cleaning the apartment, getting to work earlier... 
Merry Christmas and I hope you all have a happy New Year!

Me with a little champagne on New Years Eve
(Photo M.L.S)

-Dalana

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar